Treating shoulder pain in Fredericksburg
Shoulder pain can limit life’s greatest adventures and simplest activities and chores. When you choose the joint experts and orthopedic surgeons at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, you no longer have to stop living your life due to pain. Our facility and comprehensive team of healthcare professionals offer a wide variety of shoulder replacements and procedures, including repairs to previous shoulder surgeries.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, you have access to leading-edge orthopedic services and comprehensive medical and surgical care close to home in Fredericksburg. Our team provides the personalized treatment you need to get you back to doing what you love, quickly and safely.
Contact our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (888) 685-1610 to learn more about shoulder replacement surgery at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center.Find an orthopedic surgeon
Shoulder replacement surgery
Shoulder replacement surgery, also referred to as shoulder arthroplasty, relieves pain from severe arthritis or injury to the shoulder and restores range of motion. Surgery involves implanting part or all of a prosthetic, or artificial, ball-and-socket device made from metal and plastic.
Our orthopedic surgical team offers patients—even patients with failed shoulder fracture surgeries or rotatorcuff tears—options for pain relief and improved function.
Types of shoulder replacement surgery
- Total shoulder replacement: This procedure replaces the ball of the arm bone and socket of the shoulder blade with prosthetic pieces. It involves removing the damaged cartilage and bone and implanting the prosthetic device.
- Partial shoulder replacement: This procedure only replaces the ball part of the joint. Partial shoulder replacement can be an option when the shoulder socket is still in good condition. It is also known as a hemiarthroplasty.
- Reverse shoulder replacement: This procedure involves placing the ball and socket in a reverse, or opposite, position. This is performed when rotator cuff tendons are damaged or when certain fractures make a total shoulder replacement impossible.
- Shoulder replacement revision: This procedure aims to repair issues or unresolved pain from a precious shoulder replacement surgery.
Are you a candidate for shoulder replacement surgery?
You may be a candidate for shoulder replacement surgery at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center if you:
- Experience shoulder pain or stiffness that interferes with your daily life
- Wake up at night due to shoulder pain
- Are unable to move your arms above your head or have limited range of motion
- Have tried nonsurgical treatment options, such as medicine, physical therapy and injections, without success
Why choose Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center for shoulder replacement?
When you choose Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, you receive customized shoulder solutions and a team of experts dedicated to maintaining your health and restoring your activity levels. Patients choose us for:
- Comprehensive preoperative education: To help ease anxiety before surgery, we offer our Total Joint Replacement Orientation, which includes an inside look at our facility and what to expect before, during and after joint replacement surgery.
- Care throughout the journey: We are here every step of the way with case management and care coordinated and customized to your needs.
- Specialized programs before and after surgery: We provide inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation, all under one roof.
- Fellowship-trained, board-certified specialists: Your care comes from board-certified doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Many of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Free valet parking for hospital services: To make life more convenient, we offer free valet parking.