Outpatient infusion services in Fredericksburg
The Outpatient Infusion Room at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center in Fredericksburg City offers high-quality, safe and compassionate care for patients receiving infusion therapy services. In addition to the nurse who is seated in a chair right by the patient's side at all times, we ensure that all patients are treated in a safe and timely manner without a delay in service and care. We understand that patients want to get back to their daily lives as quickly as possible.
Want more information about our Outpatient Infusion Room? Contact our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (888) 685-1610.
What is infusion therapy?
Infusion therapy is when a patient is given medication through a needle or a catheter, mainly because their condition is too advanced to be effectively treated through periodic oral or injectable medication. This may occur if a patient is unable to eat anything or because a patient's stomach acids would destroy any medication taken orally.
We are able to treat many conditions and diseases through infusion therapy, including:
- Crohn's disease
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Certain forms of arthritis
- Congestive heart failure
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Dehydration from nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Infusion therapy at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
In our Outpatient Infusion Room, we provide a large, flat-screen television, Wi-Fi, reading materials and snacks. For patients who qualify, a full-service menu is available. Our facility provides a wide variety of infusion services, including:
- Anti-rejection medications for transplant management
- Blood and blood products administration
- Cortisol stimulation testing
- Central venous access device (CVAD) maintenance and education on a weekly and monthly basis
- Iron infusions
- IV diuretics
- IV factors for hemophilia management
- IV hydration
- IVIG (Intravenous immunoglobulin)
- Lab draws via CVADs
- Portacath/central venous access device (CVAD) care, education and daily, weekly or monthly maintenance
- Remicade for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- ORENCIA® or Rituxan® for rheumatoid arthritis
- TYSABRI® infusions for multiple sclerosis (MS) and Crohn's disease
- Zometa ®/Prolia® / Boniva / Reclast – for diseases of the bone, including osteoporosis and cancers that have spread to the bone
Additionally, we offer ancillary services, clinical nurse specialists, chaplains, social services and dietary and physical therapy. We also offer patient and family education opportunities.