Expert cardiovascular care in Spotsylvania County
Your heart is your hardest working muscle. More than 58 million Americans suffer from cardiovascular disease and many more are at risk for developing it.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's (SRMC) experienced heart and vascular specialists are equipped to treat all conditions of the heart and vascular system, and we are proud to be the only Accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by the American College of Cardiology in the area.
Have a question about your heart? Contact Consult-A-Nurse® at (888) 685-1610.
Our full range of cardiac services
When you trust your cardiovascular care to SRMC, you'll benefit from:
- An individualized care plan created by our multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, respiratory therapists, rehabilitation therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians and social workers
- A complete continuum of cardiovascular services including imaging and screening, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care, all in one location
- Round-the-clock cardiac catheterization lab staffed by skilled specialists and equipped with the latest technology
- The only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) in Spotsylvania County, providing fast, skilled response to potential heart attack patients
- Heart attack treatment times below national averages to get you the care you need quickly
Heart conditions we treat
From diagnosis through treatment and beyond, we deliver customized, comprehensive care you can count on for the best possible outcomes.
We treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorders)
- Atherosclerosis (disease of the blood vessels)
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Pediatric heart conditions
- Peripheral artery disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis and mitral valve disease)
Accredited Chest Pain Center for heart attack treatment
SRMC is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI.
This distinction from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) means we are recognized for having a trained team and procedures in place to offer fast, specialized emergency heart care that makes a critical difference when minutes matter.
Heart attack signs and symptoms
Some heart attacks can come on suddenly with obvious, intense symptoms while others may begin with just mild pain and discomfort. Call 911 if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Pressure, pain or fullness in your chest
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea or atypical abdominal pain
- Unexplained anxiety
- Unusual weakness or fatigue
- Breaking into a cold sweat
When should you go to the emergency room for chest pain?
A patient with chest pain should be evaluated with X-rays and an electrocardiogram (EKG) to give further evidence on the seriousness of the chest pain.
As with a heart attack, every second counts when it comes to stroke. As an Accredited Primary Stroke Center, SRMC has been acknowledged by the Joint Commission as making exceptional efforts to achieve better outcomes in stroke care.