Behavioral health services in Fredericksburg
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), located in Spotsylvania County, offers a range of behavioral health care services, so Virginia residents always have access to the care they need. Our hospital provides acute inpatient mental health care for adults 18 years and older, as well as geriatric patients struggling with behavioral health disorders.
Need help now? Call our 24/7 Behavioral Health Access Line at (540) 498-4344.
SRMC's behavioral health doctors curate an individualized plan of care for each patient that prioritizes safety, stabilization management, symptom reduction, patient empowerment and collaboration with outpatient treatment providers.
Mental health emergencies are medical emergencies. If you feel like you may be a danger to yourself or others, please seek emergency care or call 911. The emergency room at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is readily available to provide the compassionate, stabilizing care you need.
A mental health facility that prioritizes patient care and comfort
Our behavioral health unit is made up of 28 beds and is supported by our licensed staff to offer you the personalized care you need. Patient-centered treatment allows us to promote wellness and recovery while helping patients develop individual coping strategies and learn how to use community support after discharge. We take every measure to support your ongoing recovery.
Our highly trained staff develops a recovery plan for each patient that is based upon a mental, physical and social evaluation conducted soon after admission. Our plans focus on recovery from traumatic life events, so you can look to the future without being burdened from the past.
Elements of our recovery plans may include:
- Active psychiatric treatment with 24-hour access to a psychiatrist, as needed
- Medication administration, education, management and monitoring, if clinically indicated
- Collaboration with community providers during the course of treatment to ensure a smooth transition back into the community and to the next appropriate level of care
- Family and individual support systems as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes for the individual
- Medication management strategies for ongoing care for those individuals presenting with medical conditions, based on the initial medical assessment
- Ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical caretakers and the facility of residence (where appropriate and for purposes of aftercare planning)
- Activity therapy to get patients involved in social and skill-building activities, helping patients who have a hard time getting out of their room to socialize and feel like part of a community
- A cognitive behavioral approach, identifying the triggers that can bring on a relapse and helping you find alternatives to those triggers
Additionally, our behavioral health program in Fredericksburg offers:
- Senior mental health care
- Behavior modification
- Group therapy sessions
- Nursing education
- Pet therapy
- Psycho-education groups
- Supportive medical care
- Chaplain services
- Evening visitation hours from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Discharge planning