When you need surgery, trust the innovative and experienced surgeons and clinical staff at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. We deliver top quality, compassionate surgical care close to home.
Your best choice for surgical services
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center’s patient-focused surgical services give you the benefits of:
- Multispecialty surgical team, which includes highly trained physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Surgical suites equipped with advanced technology, including the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System for faster recovery times.
Our multispecialty surgical team includes highly trained physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals. Our goal is to provide you with expert personal care in an inviting and comfortable environment that promotes your health and recovery.
Our surgical specialties
In addition to general surgery, our hospital offers many surgical specialties, including:
- Breast surgery
- General surgery
- Hand surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Minimally-invasive robotic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Podiatric surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Spine surgery
- Urogynecologic surgery
- Urological surgery
- Vascular surgery
Robotics: advanced surgical technology
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center proudly offers the da Vinci® Si Robotic Surgical System. Surgeries performed with da Vinci Robotic Surgery Systems use tiny incisions, much smaller than those of traditional surgery, to insert miniature instruments and a high-definition 3D camera. Your surgeon at Spotsylvania uses the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System to view a magnified, high-resolution 3D image of the surgical site while controlling the robotic equipment, which translates the surgeon's hand movements into precise movements to perform the operation. This allows for smaller incisions, less pain, minimal scarring and a faster recovery.
Consider a surgeon who uses da Vinci if you need the following:
- Colorectal: We use the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System for colorectal surgeries to allow for a few small incisions instead of the traditional single, large abdominal incision. Colorectal surgeries we perform with the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System include: surgeries for colon or rectal cancer, diverticulitis, complex hernia, low anterior resection and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Gallbladder: The da Vinci Robotic Surgery System allows your surgeon a better view of the internal organs with a higher degree of precision. This is a distinct advantage when removing the gall bladder (cholecystectomy) using “single site surgery” through one small incision, leaving little to no scarring.
- Hernia repair: Hernia repair with the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System can be done with a small incision through both the umbilical (belly button) and incisional (previous surgery site) leaving minimal scarring.
- Urogynecological: The da Vinci Robotic Surgery System is used to treat pelvic floor prolapse. This surgery is called sacrocolopoexy and involves using mesh to hold the affected pelvic organ(s) in their natural position. This kind of surgery requires the most precise and minimally-invasive tools, such as those used with the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System.
- Urological: The da Vinci Robotic Surgery System’s precise targeting is ideal for the delicate operations required during urologic procedures, where the surgical site is often tightly confined and close to nerves affecting urinary control and sexual function.
- Prostatectomy (prostate removal)
- Adrenalectomy (adrenal gland removal)
- Complete or partial nephrectomy (kidney removal)