Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center proudly offers the da Vinci Si Robotic Surgical System, the most advanced technology of its kind available in the Fredericksburg region. This surgical technology allows our surgeons to operate using the tiniest incisions with greater vision, precision and control than traditional surgical methods.
How does robotic surgery work?
The surgeon is still in control and operates the da Vinci Surgical System sitting a few feet away from the patient at a console. It is configured to equip the surgeon with:
- Super 3D visualization: provides a three-dimensional view with magnification ten times that of the naked eye
- Enhanced dexterity: to conduct precise movements with extraordinary control and range of motion
- Precision control: the surgeon makes keyhole-sized incisions to work on specific areas instead of a large incision that causes more scarring
What are the benefits of robotic surgery?
The da Vinci Surgical System only requires a few small incisions, so you can get back to life faster – without the usual recovery following major surgery. Patient benefits include:
- Shorter recovery
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss & transfusions
- Less pain
- Quicker turnaround to normal activities
Ultimately, you get a faster return to daily life and everyday living.
Robotic-assisted surgery can be used in many procedures
Today, complex conditions ranging from cancer to uterine prolapse, fibroids and prostate procedures can be treated with minimally invasive surgery by using da Vinci robotic surgery:
- Cardiac surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Urologic surgery
Scheduled for surgery?
Preregister now to save time.
Learn more about surgical services offered at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center.