Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Care in Spotsylvania County
When you need rehabilitation after an injury, surgery, or illness, the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center physical therapy and rehabilitation team can help. We offer advanced adult and pediatric services to help you restore function and relieve pain — and get moving again.
Our team is highly skilled and certified in a variety of therapies. We evaluate your condition, coordinate your care, monitor your progress, and provide regular updates to your physician. Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center has a successful record of helping patients regain skills and abilities and return to regular activities as quickly as possible.
Outpatient therapy requires referral from a physician and takes place at our hospital. Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday | 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Advanced Care with a Personalized Treatment Plan for Adults and Children
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center offers physical therapy (PT) to protect, strengthen, or restore muscle and motor function. Treatments are personalized to your needs and can include:
- Exercise instruction
- Manual therapy techniques
- Medical device instruction
- Pain management therapy
- Patient education
We also offer occupational therapy (OT), which focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments and services are comprehensive. We treat a wide range of conditions and offer services that include:
- Lymphedema therapy: Certified programs and medical-assistive devices to help restore function, reduce pain, and reduce risk of infection in a private setting.
- Neurological rehabilitation: Special programs for stroke, brain, and nervous system conditions, including brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Orthotics, assistive technology, and adaptive equipment: To help relieve pain or regain independence, including custom splints, braces, and fitting for wheel chairs.
- Pediatric rehabilitation: Specially designed programs for children with a variety of temporary and long-term disabilities, developmental needs, ADHD, and other conditions.
- Post-surgical orthopedic and spine care: Orthopedic therapy, traction experts to relieve spinal pressure, and total joint replacement rehabilitation.
- Prevention programs: Fall assessments and therapies to improve strength and prevent injuries, especially if you have conditions that put you at risk, like osteoporosis.
- Speech and language therapy: To retrain voice, speech, and swallowing concerns after injury, surgery, or neuromuscular conditions in adults.
- Sports injuries and prevention: To reduce pain or recover from surgery for knee, shoulder, ankle, and other joint and muscle pains, using conditioning for athletes, strength training, electrical stimulation, and more.
- Work-related pain or injury: To help you understand your condition, control pain, and prevent re-injury by reducing stressors of repetitive activities or tasks.
The Best Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in the Heart of Fredericksburg
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center involves education, training, and support every step of the way. Patients continuously give us high ratings in satisfaction for our:
- Advanced care with a personal touch. Because our program is hospital-based, you benefit from a therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific health needs.
- Individualized treatment plans. We offer dynamic, customized, and one-on-one evaluation, training, rehabilitation/physical therapy, and performance enhancement programs.
- Certified therapists working for you. Our therapists are highly skilled and certified in a variety of rehabilitation specialties, including hand therapy, lymphedema therapy, speech and language pathology, and more.
- Facilities dedicated rehabilitation care. Our rehabilitation facilities offer the best in fitness equipment, staff, and training
- Convenient location with easy parking. We’re located at the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center main campus. You don’t have to walk through the hospital, making our therapy programs easily accessible.
We offer advanced joint replacement and reconstruction techniques, including minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement.
Neck and back pain can cause time away from work or limit your active lifestyle. Let our orthopedic and spine experts restore your functioning, safely.
Don’t let a sports injury keep you from an active lifestyle. We offer advanced services and therapies for injuries and concussions.