Body, mind, and spirit.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, we help the whole person—body, mind, and spirit—and offer education and prevention as well as treatment. Our cancer program offers a coordinated approach, including surgery, infusion, and advanced diagnostic capabilities. Whatever you need, we do it here for you.
Expert cancer care close to you
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, you will have a team of cancer experts working together to provide you with the best treatment at the right time in your journey. Your dedicated cancer care team will include:
- Specialized physicians
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Oncology nurse navigator
- Oncology social worker
- Rehabilitation specialists (including specialists in lymphedema therapy)
Our specialists have decades of experience in screening, diagnosing and treating cancers including but not limited to:
- Blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer, including colorectal, esophageal, pancreatic, stomach and hepatobiliary
- Gynecologic cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung and chest cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer, including melanoma
- Thyroid cancer
- Urologic cancer
- Cancers that have spread (metastasized) to other parts of the body
Other services offered include:
- Minimally invasive surgical options
- Advanced Diagnostic Breast Center<
- Outpatient Infusion Services
- Cancer Support Groups
Meet your oncology nurse navigator
Oncology nurse navigators specialize in cancer. They are members of your multi-disciplinary care team, serving as advocates and educators for you from diagnosis through survivorship.
Our nurse navigators:
- Improve communication between your health care team.
- Host multidisciplinary cancer conferences to ensure you receive a personalized treatment plan.
- Help you understand your diagnosis, treatment plans and medications.
- Connect you to resources available throughout your cancer journey.
- Provide education around treatment options and clinical trial availability.
We're a community resource
We want to help keep everyone in our community happy and healthy. At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, we do community outreach through classes in cancer detection, risk factors, cancer prevention, and healthy living. We teach our classes at places of employment or at community centers like churches, and our instructors are all highly-trained clinical oncology nurses, therapists, and physicians.
If you'd like us to develop a class for your community, whether it's your employees or the members of your club or church, please contact us.
For more information, you can Contact a Nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 888-685-1610.