Mental and behavioral health services in Central Virginia
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center offers acute inpatient treatment for adults over 18 with a primary behavioral or mental health issue. Our individualized plans of care prioritize safety, stabilization management, symptom reduction, patient empowerment, and collaboration with outpatient treatment providers.
We care about you.
We have 28 beds on our unit and a full complement of licensed support staff to offer you the personalized care you need. Through patient-centered treatment, we promote wellness and recovery with the development of individual coping strategies and utilization of community supports after discharge to ensure your ongoing recover. Our highly trained staff develops your recovery plan based upon a mental, physical and social evaluation completed soon after admission. Recovery plans focus on recovery from life traumatic events so you can look to the future without being so burdened from the past.
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary team helps you to formulate a recovery plan that can include:
- Active psychiatric treatment with 24-hour access to a psychiatrist, as needed
- Medication administration, education and monitoring, if clinically indicated
- Collaboration with community providers during the course of treatment to ensure a smooth transition back into the community and to the next appropriate level of care
- Family and individual support systems as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes for the individual
- For those individuals presenting with medical conditions, based on the initial medical assessment, medication management strategies for ongoing care
- Where appropriate, for purposes of aftercare planning, ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical caretakers, and the facility of residence
- Activity therapy to get patients up and involved in social and skill-building activities, helping patients who have a hard time getting out of their room to socialize and feel like part of a community
- A cognitive behavioral approach, identifying the triggers that can bring on a relapse and helping you find alternatives to those triggers
- Group therapy sessions
- Pet therapy
- Chaplain services
- Evening visiting hours from 6:30pm to 8:30pm