Whether your child fell playing soccer and injured his knee or you have a toddler whose speech is delayed; whether you had a stroke or are experiencing work-related pain; whether your parent has Alzheimer's or you're an employer who needs health screening for job candidates -- we can help you here at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's Rehabilitation Services Department.
Age is just a number.
You know what makes us unique? We're not an adult-only facility; in fact, we've treated patients ranging in age from infants to 86! There was such a great need for pediatric rehabilitation in our community that we stepped in to fill the void. And of course, we have the experience and equipment to help adults and geriatric patients as well.
We do it all.
We offer help for a full range of rehabilitation needs:
- Sports and orthopedic injuries (pre- and post-surgical): We help kids who got hurt playing sports, weekend warriors who took it a little too far, people who underwent knee replacement surgery [link to Bone & Joint service area here] -- people with a whole range of orthopedic and sports medicine issues.
- Brain injuries including stroke, and cognitive or memory impairment: Brain injuries can affect everything from your mobility to your ability to swallow to your skill in balancing a checkbook. And Alzheimer's and other debilitating conditions affect your memory and functioning. We offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help you function better.
- Work related pain/disability: We're proud to have a lot of hard-working people in our community -- but sometimes physical jobs (and even non-physical ones) can lead to back pain, neck pain, and other health woes. We're here to help.
- Pre/post fall assessments: Through dynamic testing, we can determine whether you're at risk of falling and then work with you to improve your balance.
- Pre-employment screening: Do you own a business where your employees need to lift heavy boxes, walk long distances, or spend a lot of time behind the wheel? We can screen potential employees to make sure they can do the job safely.
- Pediatric developmental delay: If your child is delayed in sitting, standing, walking, talking, or other milestones, we can work to get her up to speed. We also help kids who have trouble in school due to ADHD, lack of organization skills, lack of handwriting ability, and other issues.
Our specialized staff helps you where you need it.
Our staff members are no lightweights: For example, we have a therapist with 20 years' experience working with people with brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Our occupational therapist has worked with patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric over her long career. We pride ourselves on our specialized, highly experienced staff that can help you no matter what the issue is.
Come on in!
We're easily accessible -- a boon for people dealing with injuries. You don't have to navigate through the hospital...just park right at our front door and walk in. We look forward to helping you get back on your feet.